- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles (I used a can of diced tomatoes with the addition of a can of green chiles, since that is what I had on hand.)
- 1/2 Polska kielbasa sausage, sliced and quartered
- 3 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning (Use more or less to your preferred taste.)
- 3-5 cups cooked rice
- Spray a pan with olive oil and set over medium heat.
- Saute peppers and onions until slightly soft. Push to one side of pan.
- Add sausage to other half of pan and cook until starting to brown.
- Mix peppers, onion, and sausage together in pan and add corn, tomatoes, and 1 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning. Mix well and let cook for about 3 min.
- Add rice, half can of water, and remaining Cajun seasoning and mix well.
- Allow this to simmer until almost all of the water is gone.
Notes: Rice Dish is great alone, with shredded cheese on top, or in a tortilla. It also makes a great grilled burrito with a little sour cream on top. This recipe could also be made using a turkey kielbasa for a lower fat version or beans instead of kielbasa for a vegetarian version.