Chocolate Hazelnut Banana Puffs
- 1-2 Tbsp. flour
- 1-2 sheets puff pastry dough
- 1/2 c. Nutella spread
- 2-3 bananas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove the puff pastry dough from the refrigerator.
- Lightly flour your work surface.
- Unfold the puff pastry dough on to your work surface and pinch together any holes that may have occured.
- Cut the dough into equal squares. (I cut mine into nine squares using my pizza cutter.)
- Place a dollop (I did about a tablespoon) of Nutella in the center of each square. The amount will vary depending on how large or small of squares you made.
- Put 1-3 slices of banana on top of the Nutella in the center of the square. Again, the amount will vary depending on the size of your squares and the size of your bananas.
- Fold the corners into the center and squeeze together in the middle to seal.
- Place puffs on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 15-17 min. or until golden brown.
As you can see, I didn't pinch closed my centers quite well enough. I think wetting my fingers a little before pinching them closed would have helped them seal better. I did two puff pastry sheets, and my second one just wouldn't cooperate, so I had to re roll it myself. This resulted in thicker dough and not as large of squares. These are the ones on the right that came completely open upon baking. However, all of them were delicious regardless of how pretty they looked. :)