- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1/4 medium summer squash, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c. cream or milk
- 8 eggs
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the broiler in your oven.
- Saute onion, zucchini, squash, and garlic in a large, oven safe frying pan for 5-10 minutes or until onions start to become transparent.
- Meanwhile scramble eggs with cream/milk in a small bowl. Stir in Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Evenly distribute veggies around the pan and pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Once the bottom and sides begin to set, sprinkle the basil evenly over the top.
- Place the pan under the broiler for 3-5 minutes. The frittata is done when the eggs are golden brown on top.
I usually serve my frittata with bacon and toast with homemade jam for breakfast. Or scones. You can never go wrong with scones. For lunch and dinner I like to serve it with a big salad and homemade bread. I hope you enjoy this delicious, versatile recipe, and Happy Thanksgiving! :)