Southwest Chicken Black Bean Dish
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Anaheim chile, chopped (This is optional. I had them on hand so decided to add it to the recipe.)
- 1 large onion. chopped
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can chicken breast (I use the Kirkland brand from Costco.)
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- 3 Tbsp. Mesquite seasoning
- Spray the pan with olive oil spray, add peppers and onions, and saute over medium heat.
- When the veggies are starting to soften, add corn and black beans.
- Break up the chicken breast chunks in the can, and add to the pan.
- Add rice and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Add the mesquite seasoning and a half can of water. Stir well and allow to cook for ~10 min. or until everything is heated through.
Wash the beans well using a colander and cold water. This would also be a great recipe to use the homemade crock pot beans. :)
I use a fork to help break up the chicken breast chunks.
As always, season to taste. If you prefer more or less seasoning, go for it.