Southwest Chicken Black Bean Dish
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Anaheim chile, chopped (This is optional. I had them on hand so decided to add it to the recipe.)
- 1 large onion. chopped
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can chicken breast (I use the Kirkland brand from Costco.)
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- 3 Tbsp. Mesquite seasoning
- Spray the pan with olive oil spray, add peppers and onions, and saute over medium heat.
- When the veggies are starting to soften, add corn and black beans.
- Break up the chicken breast chunks in the can, and add to the pan.
- Add rice and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Add the mesquite seasoning and a half can of water. Stir well and allow to cook for ~10 min. or until everything is heated through.
Wash the beans well using a colander and cold water. This would also be a great recipe to use the homemade crock pot beans. :)
I use a fork to help break up the chicken breast chunks.
As always, season to taste. If you prefer more or less seasoning, go for it.
That looks Delicious! We usually have bunch of leftover rice as well, so I guess I'll give this one a try. Thank you for posting these here. It's really fun to try new recipes every no and then!ReplyDelete