Cream of Potato Soup
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 12 red potatoes, cut into 1/2 in. pieces
- 8 c. H2O
- 2 c. milk
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Saute onion, celery, and carrots for ~5 min. while you prep potatoes.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper to the veggies and stir to combine.
- Place potatoes in the pot and add water. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Once boil is achieved, turn down, and simmer with lid on for 20 min.
- Check potatoes to make sure they are soft. Turn heat to low.
- Puree soup using an immersion blender or food processor. (If using a food processor, turn heat off and allow soup to cool for about 10 minutes. Process in batches.)
- Stir in milk and salt and pepper to taste.
This soup is so yummy! And simple and super budget friendly. It's really excellent with some shredded sharp cheddar, chives, and bacon on top and paired with some delicious crusty bread.
Note: Shown in the amazing Ripple! The world's only detachable bowl and plate. This great Kickstarter project was created by some very good friends of mine. I hope you'll take the time to check out their site. :)