- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 large mushrooms, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 can tomato sauce
- 8 oz. beer
- 2 Tbsp. paprika
- 2 boxes macaroni & cheese (I prefer Annie's brand)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Prepare mac & cheese as directed.
- Meanwhile, saute pepper, onion, mushrooms, and garlic until onions just start to become translucent. Shift veggies to one half of the pan.
- Add ground beef to the other half of the pan. Break up meat until just browned. Stir together with veggies.
- Mix in paprika. Continue to saute for an additional 1-2 min.
- De glaze the pan with the beer, scraping up any browned bits. Add in the tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Mix in the mac & cheese and salt & pepper to taste.
Ahhh! My tummy is full, my cockles are warm, and I'm completely content. Exactly what I want out of comfort food. I would suggest serving with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of green onions. Enjoy!
winters and warm comfort food! what more could i want? this sounds absolutely delicious and you can bet i will be making it one of these days!ReplyDelete
Hope you love it!Delete